Chief Grants & Registration, Office of Outreach, Training and Grants - PHMSA/DOT
Status Candidates Link:
All Sources Link:
Job Title: Supervisory Program Analyst, GS-0343-14 (Open to All U.S. Citizens) JAC
Department: Department Of Transportation
Agency: Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
Job Announcement Number:PHMSA.HMHQ-2015-0003
$106,263.00 to $138,136.00 / Per Year
Monday, October 13, 2014 to Wednesday, October 22, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time - Permanent
1 vacancy - Washington DC, DC View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Applications will be accepted from any U.S. Citizen. This job is also being advertised for applicants eligible for status consideration. Current and former status employees and veterans who qualify under VEOA are encouraged to also apply to announcement: PHMSA.HMHQ-2015-0004
Q - Nonsensitive
About the Agency
PHMSA's THRIVE core values are Trust, Honesty, Respect, Integrity, Valuing People, Effective Communication.
This position is a Supervisory Senior Program Analyst (Outreach, Training and Grants) in the office of Hazardous Materials Safety, Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA). You will serve as a senior program analyst responsible for the implementation and analysis of the Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness (HMEP) Grants Program and the Hazmat Registration Program under the direction of the Director, Outreach, Training and Grants Division. You will serve as the expert on Information Technology (IT) integration, and project management, advising the Director and leadership on project and/or service issue and implementing IT solutions to improve the efficiency and transparency of the HMEP Grant and Hazmat Registration programs. You will also manage the technical training development of the Grants and Registration team members and support personnel.
As a Supervisory Senior Program Analyst, you will interact with grantees throughout the grant life span. This includes advising on conditions and regulatory requirements, evaluating applications, recommending approval of grants and monitoring grant expenditures, and closing out grants using correct OMB forms and approved PHMSA procedures.
Ideal Candidate Statement -This position is perfect for an experienced mid-career person with excellent grants management, financial management, analytical, and leadership skills, as well as writing, oral communication, problem solving, and project management skills.
· A Relocation Incentive may be paid.
· You must be a U.S. citizen and meet specialized experience to qualify.
· Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
· Review Required Documents Section as documents are required by closing date
· Job announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days.
· Announcement also advertised to status applicants: PHMSA.HMHQ-2015-0004
· A Relocation Incentive may be paid.
Back to top
The Supervisory Program Analyst:
· Prepares technical reports, correspondence, and other documents and interacts with current and potential registrants concerning registration program.
· Coordinates and prepares written and oral reports reflecting a broad-based knowledge and understanding of the substance and operations of all aspects of the registration program.
Supports software technology integration reports and project management, advising the chief and leadership on project and/or service issues, and implementing solutions to improve the efficiency and transparency of the Hazardous Materials Registration Program.
· Plans, develops, and conducts program analyses of substantial scale and impact concerning funding, operation, and implementation of the registration processes.
· Implements regulations to assure required participation of hazmat shippers and carriers.
· Analyzes and evaluates program performance data, draws conclusions, and makes recommendations to affect program changes and improvements in line with PHMSA policies and goals
Back to top
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the specialized experience requirements for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.
To qualify for the GS 14, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the following:
· Experience in the implementation and analysis of the Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness (HMEP) Grants Program and the Hazmat Registration Program.
· Experience in Information Technology integration, and Project Management.
· Experience in providing technical writing and report writing, support requirements analysis, and information systems support, as well as leadership for the Grants and registration programs.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
· SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
· DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period (unless already completed).
· SUPERVISORY PROBATIONARY PERIOD: New supervisors must complete a 1-year probationary period (unless already completed).
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over non-veterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. The answers you select in the on-line process must be substantiated in your application package. If upon review, it is determined that your described work history, competencies, and/or supporting documents do not support your answer choices, you may not be referred to the selecting official. Please ensure that your work history provides enough details to support your answers.
To preview questions please click here.
Back to top
You can review our benefits at: https://jobs.mgsapps.monster.com/dot/vacancy/preview!benefits.hms?orgId=2&jnum=70563
Displaced employees may be eligible for ICTAP or CTAP priority consideration. For more information, please review the OPM Employee's Guide to Career Transition.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
· To begin, click the "Apply Online" button on the job announcement posting.
· Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
· You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
If you are having difficulty applying online, please contact the DOT Automated Staffing Office during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET) at (202) 366-1298. You may also email us at Transjobs@dot.gov.
The following documents must be provided by the close date:
· RESUME - Needs to be created within USA Jobs Resume Builder. It must show relevant experience, education, and fully support the required specialized experience.
· COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE
· VETERANS - In order to be considered as a preference eligible, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD214. Your DD214 need not be official but must show the type of discharge and dates of active duty. If you are claiming preference eligibility as a disabled veteran, you must submit proof of entitlement of this preference which is normally a valid letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs certifying to the present existence of the service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of your disability.
· SPECIAL APPOINTING AUTHORITY DOCUMENTS - If requesting concurrent consideration for Non-competitive (NC) appointment eligibility (e.g. military spouse or persons with disabilities), you must provide appropriate supporting documentation such as PCS orders describing move & marriage certificate; letter from VA or DD214 describing 100% disability of spouse; letter from State Vocational Office certifying disability, etc. For more information, visit military spouse NC appointments or Persons with Disabilities NC appointments. Documents are only required if requesting non-competitive consideration.
· DISPLACED EMPLOYEE PLACEMENT DOCUMENTS - Only required if requesting priority consideration under CTAP/ICTAP. You must submit ALL of the following: (1) your most recent performance appraisal, (2) the proof of eligibility letter from the Agency, and (3) your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade. In addition, you must meet the well qualified standards for this vacancy (falling in the Gold Category).
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Automated Staffing Office
DOT, PIPELINE AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS SAFETY ADMIN
Submit Application and Documents Online
1200 New Jersey Ave SE / HAHR - 50
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status by logging into USAJobs.com. (Select "My USAJOBS" and click "Applications"). Within two weeks of the closing date, a Human Resources Specialist will evaluate your application. Ratings will be determined based on the documents and information received by the closing date. Qualified candidates will be assigned a score between 70 and 100, not including points that may be assigned for veterans' preference. The most highly qualified candidates are then referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you directly. Once the position is filled, we will notify all applicants of their final status.