Vacancy Announcement Number: VA-16-0226 (Status candidates and VEOA eligible)
VA-16-0225-DE (all US citizens)
Position Title: IT Specialist (Applications Software)
Office: Office of Information Technology
Promotion Potential: VH-40
Number of position: 1
Location: McLean, VA
Supervisory Position: No
Area of Consideration: Status Candidates and all U.S. Citizens
Open Period: 7/14/2016 to 7/29/2016
The Farm Credit Administration (FCA) is a small, vibrant, independent Federal agency located in McLean, Virginia, that regulates and examines the Farm Credit System(FCS), an over $200+ billion nationwide network of 80+ financial institutions providing credit and related services to farmers, ranchers, agribusinesses, and agricultural and rural cooperatives.
The Farm Credit Administration (FCA) is an independent Federal agency in McLean, Virginia. We regulate and examine the Farm Credit System (FCS), a nationwide network of financial institutions that provides credit and related services to farmers, ranchers, and agribusinesses, as well as agricultural & rural cooperatives. Our work ensures the soundness and dependability of credit supporting production of high quality food and agricultural products consumed in the U.S. and around the world.
This position is located in the Office of Information Technology (OIT), Applications Team. We are seeking an application developer to join a high performing team of Information Technology professionals. This is a very technical position requiring hands-on application development experience. This is not a project management, program management or non-technical position. The selected candidate will operate in a fast paced environment and be required to work evenings and weekends as needed. We offer both flexible work schedules and an opportunity for challenging and interesting work.
This is a IT Specialist (Applications Software) position. To be eligible for this positon you must have at least one year of specialized experience. In addition to meeting qualifications requirements as outlined below, you must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of these four competencies:
1. Attention to Detail: be thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service: work with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; know about available products and services; be committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication: express information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information; make clear and convincing oral presentations; listen to others, attend to nonverbal cues and respond appropriately.
4. Problem Solving: identify problems, determine accuracy and relevance of information; use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and make recommendations.
You qualify at the VH-38 (GS-12) grade level if you have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the VH-37 (GS-11) grade level in the Federal service that has equipped you with the skills needed to perform successfully the duties of the position.
You qualify at the VH-39 (GS-13) grade level if you have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the VH-38 (GS-12) grade level in the Federal service that has equipped you with the skills needed to perform successfully the duties of the position.
This position is advertised for status candidates (those eligible under Merit Promotion or the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act) under vacancy announcement and for all U.S. citizens under. If you wish to be considered under both postings, you must apply to both announcements.
To apply, follow these steps:
• If you do not already have a USAJOBS account, you must create one. To do so, go to Create New Account. Once there, you may either use the USAJOBS Resume Builder or upload your own resume.
• Go to the job announcement in USAJOBS.
• Click on the How to Apply tab to find out which documents you must submit when you apply, then save those documents on your computer for easy access.
• Sign in to your USAJOBS account. From the My Account page, click Saved Documents, then upload the required documents for this job announcement.
• To return to an incomplete application, log in to your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. Important: You must re-select your resume and other documents from your USAJOBS account; otherwise your application will be incomplete.
• Your application and supporting documentation must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on the closing date of the announcement.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Lorine Hines at 703-883-4423, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.