Analyst in Health Policy (Health Care Financing)
Open and Close Dates: 05/25/2021 to 06/25/2021
Salary: $87,198 to $113,362 per year
The Congressional Research Service (CRS) Domestic Social Policy Division (DSP) seeks an Analyst in Health Care Financing for its Health Insurance and Financing (HIF) Section, a unit that covers Medicaid, CHIP, Medicare, and private health insurance.
CRS works exclusively for the United States Congress, providing policy and legal analysis to committees and Members of both the House and Senate, regardless of party affiliation. As a legislative branch agency within the Library of Congress, CRS has been a valued and respected resource on Capitol Hill for more than a century. CRS is well known for analysis that is authoritative, confidential, objective, and nonpartisan. Its highest priority is to ensure that Congress has immediate access to the nation’s best thinking on public policy issues of interest to its Members and Committees.
Analyst duties include:
- · Preparing objective, non-partisan analytical studies, descriptive background reports, memoranda, and other written materials on public policy issues of national significance that are within the employee's area of professional knowledge.
- · Providing personal consultation to congressional committees, Members, and staff on public policy issues throughout the legislative process by providing information and analysis orally and in writing, and applying professional subject-area knowledge.
- · Participating in CRS seminars, workshops, and/or outreach programs for committees, Members, and staff.
- · Participating in or leading team research projects and seminars.
- · Locating and providing information requested by Members and committees of Congress or their staff.
The employee is also expected to develop over time the skills necessary to provide public policy and legislative analysis and consultation to congressional committees, Members, and staff at increasingly sophisticated levels. Given the breadth of policy related to health that DSP covers for Congress, analysts must be capable of working on a range of issues in a portfolio that will likely evolve over time.
CRS is fully committed to workforce diversity. Interested applicants must apply online at USAJOBShttps://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602609800.